Blog Details


From Phillip Jan Rothstein:

“In the late 1960s, I was first exposed to what would later become known as disaster recovery. I was responsible for the systems software environment for a major university computer center at the time. It was at the height of the Vietnam War protests, and one of those protests spilled over to the building housing the computer room. A number of protestors were running through the building and randomly damaging whatever was in their path. When they got to the computer room, they found a locked, heavy steel door and moved on.” “It suddenly dawned on me that we had no clue – let alone a plan – to deal with the damage or destruction, should the protesters have gained entry to the computer room.” Although the passage of time has changed DR planning, consider this statement from Stephen Nelson: “A statistic that is often quoted is that 70 percent of the businesses without a strong backup and recovery infrastructure that were affected by 9/11 never reopened. Of the remaining 30 percent, almost 90 percent of them failed within 6 months.” Replicating to a Disaster Recovery site is paramount to a business’ survival in the event of a disaster. This is why there is no charge for the replication software with the Silent Cubes archive solution! Every Silent Cubes system sold has the replication software built in, and replication to a DR site can be turned on anytime with a few mouse clicks. The Silent Cubes system performs an asynchronous backup to a Silent Cubes system at a replicated site. The user can define a continuous backup (default) or specify specific times of day and priority levels for flexibility in defining backup windows. Rollover to the DR site can occur immediately when the primary site is offline, or by a specific time period defined by the user. Having a secure replicated DR site is more than just peace of mind, it can be your business lifeline. Now, more than ever:

Comments (2)

  • Obila Doe

    novembre 26, 2021 - 2:19 pm

    Our infrastructure management approach is holistic, addressing capacity monitoring, data storage, network utilisation, asset lifecycles, software patching, wired and wireless networking and more.

  • James Weighell

    novembre 26, 2021 - 2:21 pm

    A hosted desktop solution allows for the delivery of a consistent and scalable IT experience for all users in an organisation. With this solution, users gain access via a desktop icon or link.

Comments are closed.